Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content marketing is showing the world you are one.
We live in a high-tech, speedy, snappy, modern world. A world where Facebook has over 1.5 billion users per month and one in which, according to Statista, there will be 2.56 billion smartphone users by 2018.
There’s no trouble with that – evolution is inevitable and keeps us learning. It is also something that can help a business skyrocket; everything is interconnected, which makes it so much easier to communicate with and reach new potential customers. Let’s look at ten stats that will prove just how important digital marketing is:
- On average, 12 billion searches were conducted on a monthly basis in the U.S. (Comscore, 2014)
- Over 78% businessmen and women check their e-mails on their smartphones. (Our Mobile Planet, Mobile Behaviour, 2013)
- The number of companies saying that Facebook is critically important for their business has increased by 75%. (State of Inbound Marketing, 2012)
- Companies which have a blog get 97% more inbound links. (HubSpot State of Inbound Marketing Lead Generation Report, 2010)
- 77% of B2C companies and 43% of B2B enterprises have acquired customers via Facebook. (State of Inbound Marketing, 2012)
- The percentage of people who read blogs more than once per day is 46%. (HubSpot Science of Blogging 2010)
- 70% of consumers say they favor getting to know a company through articles rather than ads. (NewsCred)
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media. (Jeff Bullas)
- There are over 550 million registered users on Twitter. (Jeff Bullas)
- More than 50% of all mobile searches lead to an actual purchase. (Rocket Post)
So, there you have it – from optimising for mobile, through SEO to blogging and social media marketing, there is a lot to be said for hopping online. However, it isn’t easy to conduct a successful digital marketing campaign without relevant expertise and the time to work out a viable strategy. Luckily, you have one of the best digital marketing agencies in your corner! (Wink-wink)